Friday, September 9, 2011

Pete the Cat

I absolutely love, love, love Pete the Cat.  My husband and other adult family members think I am slightly crazy when I walk around singing "I love my red shoes, I love my red shoes."  My Kinders get it!  We made Pete this week.  He was a TLC project and the children can now make circles from squares, ovals from rectangles and triangles from squares - that would require the have slightly more difficult diagonal cut.  We are also learning about holding our papers horizontally or vertically to make certain cuts.  Our Petes are wearing red shoes and are decorating the hall outside our classroom.  I can't believe I forgot to make pictures.  I will next week.  We have one Pete book in our book boxes already and will start working on another one next week.  The children are up to 6 minutes in reading stamina with almost everyone staying on task.   

We practiced drills today for lockdown, fire, tornado, and earthquake.  Just unofficial drills that involved our class.  Next week we will have real, whole school practices.  It will not any problem for my Smarties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment